[Cuis] Transcript window

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Aug 28 06:07:34 CDT 2012

Hi Hannes,

H. Hirzel wrote:
> Hello Juan
>
> I wanted to print out an alphabetically sorted list of the preferences
> in the Transcript window.
>
> I opened the inspector on the preferences dictionary and did
>
>     self keys asSortedCollection do: [ :key | Transcript show: key; newLine ]
>
> It printed out fine on the Transcript window but I could not select
> and copy the result.
>
> How do I enable text selection and copy to clipboard on the Transcript window?
>
> Regards
> Hannes

In Cuis, the Transcript is not an editor and it doesn't allow the usual
operations of a text editor. This was necessary to implement these
properties (Cuis 3.1 release notes):

            Fast (Calls return quickly)
            Fast (Updates are immediate)
            Thread safe
            Can log to file in addition to Display
            Display output is optional (for headless images)
            Can work on a bare bones image (Doesn't need UI, dependency,
events, processes)
            Optional morphic window for seamless integration in Morphic
            UI framework agnostic. Can be used to debug Morphic, even
with the morphic window open, without crashing the image!
            No longer a text editor. Display is read only.

So, Transcript is not a part of Morphic anymore, and just blits contents
to the Display. You need to do right click / workspace with contents.
This opens a workspace, where you can select and copy portions.