[Cuis] Telling GitHub that our code is Smalltalk

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Dec 30 06:53:26 CST 2012

Hi Hannes,

In addition to .pck we also have .cs files. I'd like to be able to tell
GitHub that:
*.pck is Smalltalk
*.cs is Smalltalk
The whole project is a Smalltalk project (so it shows in
https://github.com/languages/Smalltalk )

I found how to tell git that some files are in a specific language (see
http://schacon.github.com/git/gitattributes.html ), but smalltalk is not
listed there. But if git already thinks that *.st means smalltalk, I
believe the same could be done for *.pck and *.cs.

Please folks, help me! I can't find a way to do it, but it should be
possible!

As a last resource, we could switch to *.pck.st and *.cs.st, but that
would make things a bit more awkward for us, and especially for users of
other Smalltalk environments...

Thanks,
Juan Vuletich