[Cuis] [Ann] Cuis 4.1 is released

juan at jvuletich.org juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Dec 17 13:19:54 CST 2012

> Extremely impressive Juan.  Congratulations.  Morphic3 is something
> that sounds worth breaking backward-compatibility in Squeak if it
> would ever possible to run there.

Thanks Chris. I still need to work on M3 for several months before it is
usable. I hope to be able to release some alpha code sooner. In any case,
what you say opens many interesting questions. Cuis was forked just for
technical reasons (not social or personal), and I think it still is a
'Squeak distribution'.

If there is enough interest in the Squeak community, the bigger issue is
how to deal with multiple distributions. Does Squeak need to support just
one distribution? Can it handle several? Or maybe there should not be an
'official squeak', but a set of pieces from where anybody could build her
own, personalized Squeak?

I don't have any answers. But I'm willing to think and discuss, to find
the best way, for people to have freedom to pick their own balance between
between compatibility, features,
evolutivity, etc. All this, enabling reuse and reducing duplication of
efforts...