[Cuis] [4.1][Test] WebClient // Need for a HTTPSocket class port

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 07:03:12 CST 2012

Hello

On 12/29/12, Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Hannes:
>
> About HTTP* classes, I started some work that you can find here
> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Pharo14CompatibilityLayer but is all ***
> work in progress ***,

I was not aware of this, (i.e. the relevance of it because I thought
it was superseded by the repository
https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks)

So I have added it to our list

    https://gist.github.com/4387924

> and with the time I started another layer of
> compatibility (
> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks) that may
> be is better to adapt to the Network-* classes.
>
> My original idea was port the Network-* classes from Pharo not present in
> Cuis.

Maybe it would be good to have a Cuis Network* compatibility only
repository on github.

With everything in it (Squeak AND Pharo)

> After that and regarding Zinc I saw some differences between Pharo and
> Squeak then some sort of classes are needed to  have Zinc working and exist
> some differences with the Squeak implementation not using Zinc.

Probably a candiate for branches as Dale H. is doing with FileTree.

I do not know yet how to use branches in github. My github knowledge
is still in the process of beeing built up  :-)

> I'm still thinking what/how to port for have Sport and Swazoo working.

You think that is easier for a start? Or more useful?

Zinc
> will be another step.

> About WebClient I tried also, but to avoid the hanging you need to use the
> latest .mcz.

I assume you mean the one directly from squeaksource and not use the
initial port of David Graham?

https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-WebClient

Kind regards
Hannes