[Cuis] Once central repo for Cuis and Packages? Or just a central list?

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Dec 30 06:01:52 CST 2012

Hi Angel,

I really like the idea of having a single and consistent git commit of a
Cuis version and all the packages that work on it. It would make much
easier to go back to some date, and grab stuff that works well together.
One downside is a bit more work for repo admin. A bigger one is that it
makes things a slower for package maintainers. But the consistency might
outweigh them.

Below, I extracted Angel's comments on this. Folks, please comment. Add
steps or ideas to complete or enhance Angel's suggestion. Or if you
don't like it, please say why. This is a rather important decision, and
I'd like we to make a good choice.

One quick question for Angel (I'm a beginner with github): Can we tag a
commit after it was done? That way, we could work together on Cuis and
Packages for several days (involving many commits) and only when we are
all happy, we can tag the last one as "v4.1 with packages" or something
like that.