[Cuis] [github] Learning to use github....

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 08:16:55 CST 2012

I am learning to use branches ....

I did in my Windows Git bash shell

    git checkout -b SimpleLogger

This creates a new branch called 'SimpleLogger'  (
http://gitimmersion.com/lab_24.html ) and make the new branch active.

  cd packages
  mkdir SimpleLogger

Then I copied in the files from German which I got from
https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-SimpleLogger

  cd ..

and I did
  git add .

git commit -m "created a branch SimpleLogger and added
https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-SimpleLogger"

git push origin SimpleLogger

The result may be inspected on

https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis/

It has two branches

The branch 'SimpleLogger' has a subdirectory 'SimpleLogger' in the
'packages' directory whereas 'master' does not.

I think this is a way to port packages. Do the development in a branch
rather than in a separate github repository in a fork of
https://github.com/jvuletich/Cuis

--Hannes