[Cuis] A few proposed is: additions

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Jun 8 06:41:21 CDT 2012

Hi Phil,

At first, when I coded the #is: methods I thought about using them
everywhere. But when the sender is really concerned about performance,
#is: might be too slow. The old #isXX with a hardcoded answer is faster.
You can check a bit the senders for #isBoolean, #isString, #isCharacter,
etc. So, I don't have anything about implementing it in the classes you
say, but please add a comment in the implementation in Object and in
those subclasses where the older #isXX is still there, to explain the
reason for having both.

BTW, several times somebody asked some good question like this one, that
I knew the answer, but hadn't thought about a clarifying comment. This
is the moment to add it!