[Cuis] Some package ports

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 17:48:31 CDT 2012

On Jun 8, 2012, at 7:29 AM, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Please note that in https://github.com/bpieber/Cuis-StyledTextEditor there is also a port of FFI. It would be better if we only maintain one. I'll try to compare and merge them this weekend.

After some preliminary testing, the FFI package you referenced seems to be working fine so I've dropped my version.

I think I've resolved the non-VM OpenGL issues on the image side related to Linux.  However, if you're on Linux please take a look at http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2012-June/008325.html re: some VM issues I ran into and solutions.  It looks like Cog has already incorporated the patch for the last VM issue and I'd expect Squeak to do so shortly.

I've done rudimentary testing on OS X, Linux and Windows and the basics work with the exception of fonts which is on my todo list.

Thanks,
Phil