[Cuis] Package bug

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun May 20 11:55:03 CDT 2012

Hi Casey,

Casey Ransberger wrote:

> I've been struggling to get WebClient/WebServer working in Cuis for awhile now.
>
> One particular problem with getting it done is that the Cuis SUnit code is far out of date; another is that we don't use Monticello and so a port ends up being basically a one-off fork, which isn't good for me (I end up being the maintainer of a fork of someone else's code) or for the maintainer (who doesn't want to maintain a fork of his own project.)
>
> A third issue is that the maintainer (who I've CC'd for good measure but should not be expected to respond) of it has a very busy life right now.
>
> How are things going with your Zinc port?
>

> Juan: we should really actually figure out which HTTP solution is simpler, and then also figure out which best meets our needs, because in today's world, we're going to need one, and I really don't want to have to spend half a year reading RFCs and doing yet *another* implementation myself.
>
> I personally (being someone who uses an HTTP client library at work as a primary means to interact with SOA messes,) care a lot more about having a clean HTTP client than a server, though the web developers in the neighborhood would probably suffer a different point of view.

I agree. Let's start this by sharing the work... Please answer to this
mail with any alternatives you know of (please include a link to the
most current code). I'll compile the list, and maybe if we discuss pros
and cons, we can settle on one. Then we'll decide if we want to be
compatible with it, or to port it (and maintain it).