[Cuis] [ANN] Cuis-ExtraThemes

Casey ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:46:54 CDT 2012

Top post: This is great!

Themes are squarely art, and so I hope this critique is okay...

I really like your theme *a lot,* but it think there isn't quite enough contrast in the list views of the browser. I think it's a hair too hard to read the selected list items. If I was you, I'd add a touch more contrast.

That said! This is a better late-night hacker theme than my goofy proof-of-concept contrast dark theme. I did that mainly to see how far I could stretch what I'd done in Theme, but I never worried much about how usable or pretty it was.

With just a little bit of tweaking, we could unload my contrast-dark and replace it with Wintermute in the core system, I think. Wintermute is the better art in this case, or that's my opinion (from this screenshot) anyway. You mentioned running into problems; can you elaborate? I like this and I want to help.

What do you think, Juan? Folks? Outside of the default theme (which should send a thematic message about the intent of Cuis) I really feel that the rest of the themes are disposable fodder to be tweaked or replaced by better ideas.

Overall: great work, David! Once the sun goes down, this may soon be my new default.