[Cuis] 3D Solutions

Kirk Fraser overcomer.man at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 01:16:01 CST 2013

I checked at http://gazebosim.org/ and their 3D graphics for Linux seems
bloated in some directions, underdeveloped in others.  I need a simple 3D
space and it looks like the best way to tie it to reality is to start with
video input so anything built on it will work with live images then move
them as needed into an imaginary subset of the real world.  One 3D package
I purchased for Smalltalk worked fine with its demo images but was too hard
to figure out for general use.  Is there anything as simple as SolidWorks
in Smalltalk with a video feed?

It's been a while since I took a SolidWorks class but I think I'd rather
develop something that simple than churning through problems of hard to
figure out code.  But if anyone happens to know of something that would
save time please let me know.