[Cuis] Baby Color Picker

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Dec 4 00:05:40 CST 2013

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 23:06:41 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> ...Just one question... Isn't
> the slider reversed? I mean, shouldn't the value increase upwards?

Right you are.  It is upside down.  Early days.

I plan to do a color slider.  The slider will show the range of color from min to max in the selected dimension.

There is a JavaScript version which does this at:
  http://johndyer.name/lab/colorpicker/

I may also add "Closest named color" to show CSS3 named web color with name and value.

I am currently looking at how to drag 'n drop colors onto morphs with the least mechanism.  I will update the code shortly.  Currently I have added a "Show my Drop Target" selection to the morph menu which pops up a "use once" DropTargetMorph.  Then one drags the selected color from the FocusRing on the ColorPaneMorph onto the DropTargetMorph and the color changes.  If the target morph has multiple color setters, you get a choice.  So one can set color: borderColor: or whatever is available.

Hey, it is an _evolving_ prototype!
-KenD