[Cuis] ColorEditor progress

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Dec 8 11:54:11 CST 2013

Hi folks,

On 12/7/2013 9:36 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:
> Hi Ken:
>

> 2013/12/7 Ken Dickey <Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
> <mailto:Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com>>
>
>     On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 16:08:30 -0200
>     Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com <mailto:garduino at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     > Yes, good idea.
>     >
>     > A (may be stupid) question.....why the world in cuis is shown as
>     "world"
>     > name and I can't use the World as is documented?
>
>     I have not seen documentation.
>

> I was thinking in the examples at PasteUpMorph >>backgroundImageData:
> method.

Will fix them right way!

>     There is a basic problem with multiple projects when changing
>     worlds (i.e. which PasteUpMorph is the "world" at the current
>     time).  So what World are you in?
>
>     > Of course, I can iterate in the instances of PasteUpMorph and
>     change the
>     > background, but World is not here ....
>
>     There is an assumption in the code that worlds form a tree:
>
>     PasteUpMorph>>world
>             worldState ifNil: [^super world].
>             ^self
>
>     Typically we are not making use of multiple worlds in Cuis, but I
>     know of no reason not to.
>

> Yes, agree, but my doubt is more simple, as I said to Hannes in the
> other thread, we shouldn't have the current world pointed as "World"
> for easiest manipulation?

World is a global name. There's no such thing as the current world for
the whole image. There could be several worlds, or none. Additionally,
globals are bad, and reducing them is good. And absolute reference
systems re bad too. Relative references are much better.

Maybe you can use #world or #runningWorld. These are relative references
(to some morph, or some process).