[Cuis] A formal presentation to the list

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 11:07:27 CST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Casey Ransberger
<casey.obrien.r at gmail.com>wrote:

> There's another aspect to the rewrite vs. refactor dilemma. Often times
> when doing a scratch rewrite of something originally written by someone
> else, one end up making many of the same mistakes in the original design,
> as well as new mistakes of one's own; in other words, history is important.

Wow, thanks for saying that Casey.  Sometimes I think I'm going crazy by
this cultural obsession with "modern and shiny", but highly _inferior_,
designs being forced on us which put form over function.

It's a "hipster in a coffee shop" culture which has infected both software
and hardware.  People care more about the "thinness" of the computer case
more than the computer itself.  Ergonomics has died.

"Its a sad day, when Hitler is the only voice of reason." -- Michael Massey

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXa0XzNvuZU

It's like -- "Who cares if your computer/software is harder to use as long
as you look like a magazine ad from across the room...?"