[Cuis] Cuis on Raspberry Pi

Ignacio Matías Sniechowski 0800nacho at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 17:30:10 CST 2013

Hi Ken,
I've tried using the Frame Buffer. It works on the Pi. There are some
issues.
There's a bug using 24 bit and 32 bit color, so only 16 or 8 are usable.
I don't see Cuis performing better, on the contrary it's slower. The same
goes to Squeak 4.4.
Squeak 3 is snappier.
I think it has nothing to do with the vm (as in all cases I'm using the
same) and with the number of classes (as Squeak 3 has nearly three times
more classes than Cuis).
I think it has to do with font rendering.
I have to find a way to replace Cuis fonts by other.
Best,
Nacho

*Lic. Ignacio Sniechowski, MBA*