[Cuis] Did we drop PNG support?

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Dec 20 07:26:44 CST 2013

Hi Casey,

On 12/18/2013 2:00 AM, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> …or did it end up in one of the external packages?
>
> I've been goofing with InkScape and thinking about trying my hand at
> some new icons. I suppose I could bring them in via JPEG, but I like
> having transparency for these kinds of things, and I don't seem to
> recall JPEG ever supporting transparency.
>
> Any advice?
>
> TIA,
>
> Casey

Please _never_ use JPEG for icons and stuff. JPEG is only good for
photographs. You can use BMP, that is lossless. Or just load
Graphics-Files-Additional.pck.st

I would have liked to have PNG in the kernel, but it uses Compression.
Maybe JPEG should be moved to the external package too. BMP is dog
simple, and is enough for a very basic kernel.