[Cuis] Did we drop PNG support?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 08:04:56 CST 2013

I don't care for JPEG, *ever.* For the record. My thinking was PNG support
and that's it, but I can see now why you decided against using it
(compression.) I didn't know that BMP actually supported transparency. Yes,
that will do nicely (I don't care much for GIF either, though sometimes the
animated ones can be kind of a fun retro laugh.)

I'm okay with getting rarely used image formats out of the core of the
system, FWIW. I worry with having this stuff outside the image we usually
develop in that we'll break stuff and not notice it though. Maybe soonish
would be a good time to do some kind of continuous integration set up. That
would help to ensure external packages keep working. An adventure for
another day though.