[Cuis] Cuis and mobile devices

Bruce O'Neel bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch
Wed Feb 13 12:23:17 CST 2013

Hi,

I run cuis with the Cog VM on my Android phone and
tablet downloaded from here:

http://code.google.com/p/squeakvm-tablet/wiki/JenkinsBuilds

The catch is that the Pharo people are in the midst of moving
their Jenkin's builds, and the CogDroid build isn't running, and,
alas, you can't download it.

But, if you were to do that, and, use a stock standard Cuis 1511
image/changes, it will almost work.

If you file in the attached change set which changes a touch
how the sources and changes file is found then it works fine.

You can run Pharo, Squeak, or Cuis.  Cuis is the best at the
moment because the menu structure is a bit simplier and it works
better, for me, on touch devices.

The Apple iDevice world will be a touch more complex.
John Mcintosh did a port of the VM, so, it can work.  Apple store
approval policies make this more of a problem.

cheers

bruce