[Cuis] Ropes & Unicode

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Feb 22 13:03:20 CST 2013

Hi Ken,

At https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Unicode you say there's no support
for display yet. My yet unpublished Morphic 3 prototype can render ISO
8859-15 using the vector graphics engine with decent visual quality (on
par with Mac & Win). If things go well, I should be able to include a
TrueType or OpenType interpreter, meaning that some support for
displaying any Unicode glyph is not that far (maybe a year from now).
This would be Freetype functionality.

As you know, proper paragraph composition in any script is another
(harder) problem for the future. (PanGo functionality).