[Cuis] Bidirectional Dictionary

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Jan 7 19:27:06 CST 2013

Greetings,

I did a simple Interlingua <--> English lookup window.

IEDictWindow>>buildMorphicWindow is an example of LayoutMorph / LayoutSpec usage in a SystemWindow.

You can get the code from GitHub:

	https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Ia-En

I usually first load the package into an image and then open the window:

"----Workspace----"
{ '../Cuis-Ia-En/Interlingua.pck' .
} do:  [ :fileName | CodeFileBrowser installPackage:
               (FileStream concreteStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName)].

IEDictWindow open. "DoIt after the package code is loaded"

"-----------------"

IEDict>>WhyMe gives some sample Interlingua and references to more information on Interlingua on the web.

The above brings up a couple of issues.

The class initialization code loads a dictionary file ("iedict.txt") from a sibling directory to the CUIS directory.

In other words I have a Cuis directory git-cloned from CUIS and a sibling Cuis-Ia-En directory git-cloned from the above.

Currently, the class initialization code in IEDict loads
	FileStream oldFileNamed: '../Cuis-Ia-En/iedict.txt'.

Note also the relative path in the package loading workspace code above.

I could make the relative directory path an IEDict class variable to make it easier to change, but I am wondering if there is a convention that we could adopt (e.g. that we can assume sibling-level directory access).

What do you all think is the cleanest way to handle this type of dependency within the Git based package framework?

Another Git issue.  I am currently loading change sets for the image and updating
  SystemVersion current highestUpdate
manually.

It would be good if loading a changeSet kept the SystemVersion up to date automagically.  E.g. I would prefer that loading changeSets through, say
  '1549-ChangeSorterEnh-JuanVuletich-2013Jan05-22h41m-jmv.1.cs.st'.
would set the SystemVersion to 1549.

Enjoy!
-KenD
--
Ken Dickey <Ken.Dickey [at] whidbey.com>