[Cuis] About text editing // Text Editor based on TextModel // menu?

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 04:46:17 CST 2013

Hello Juan

On 1/23/13, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> In my experience, to use GitHub with Cuis, I didn't have to tweak
> anything at all. All I do is to edit my files with Cuis, so I never
> introduce CR characters.

So far I have not edited text files in Cuis but I would like to do so.

I wonder where you do the text editing in Cuis. I assume it must be in
the File List window?

Because the menu entry 'Open...' / 'Text editor' does the following

    openTextEditor

            SystemWindow editText: TextModel new label: 'Text Editor' wrap: true

And this does not have a 'Save' or 'Accept' menu entry.

Or do you use the StyleTextEditor (STE)

    https://github.com/bpieber/Cuis-StyledTextEditor ?

In any case it would be useful to have a text editor entry in the File
List which opens a Text Editor window. That window should have a menu
entry which allows me to save the file with my changes. See screen
shot.

Kind regards
Hannes Hirzel