[Cuis] [Ann] SQLite3 for Cuis

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:00:02 CST 2013

Hello

I did a port of the SQLite3 access library for Cuis.
https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis-SQLite

It allows to create and access SQLite3 databases https://sqlite.org/ .

"SQLite is a software library that implements a self-contained,
serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine.
SQLite is the most widely deployed SQL database engine in the world.
The source code for SQLite is in the public domain."

All data is kept in a single db file. For example the Firefox browser
keeps various information in different SQLite databases. There are
various browsers for SQLite databases.

The original Squeak Smalltalk code is from www.squeaksource.com and
was done by Andreas Raab and Torsten Bergmann.

Actually talking of porting might be said too much; I basically filed
the two Monticello files in as is. I had to remove one message send
(see https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis-SQLite/blob/master/README.md).

This is the easy and enjoyable way of porting: Minimal porting effort
or no porting effort at all. Suggestions for other such candidates are
welcome.....

Kind regards

Hannes Hirzel