[Cuis] Install vs FileIn [WAS Re: Bidirectional Dictionary]

KenD Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Fri Jan 11 13:44:22 CST 2013

Ah!

Given the large number of updates, I was using a script to load them all and had used #fileIn: rather than #install: .

A sentence about SystemVersion and a bit of sample code added to the "Code Management in Cuis 4.0" web page would have helped me out.

Packages:

  SystemVersion current highestUpdate. "--> 1549"
  packageFileNameList do:
   [:packageNameStr | FileStream fileIn: packageFileNameStr ].
  SystemVersion current highestUpdate. "--> 1549"

Updates:

  SystemVersion current highestUpdate. "--> 1511"
  updateFileNameList do:
   [:changeFileNameStr | FileStream install: ( 'UpdatesSinceLastRelease', slash, changeFileNameStr) ].
  SystemVersion current highestUpdate. "--> 1549"

On the other hand, I am unsure of putting too much detail in the code management page.

Perhaps we should save these things for a Cuis Cookbook?

Cheers,
-KenD