[Cuis] Definition of Cuis parts

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Tue Jan 22 14:27:58 CST 2013

Hi Juan,

Here is a list of things to do to be able to load CuisMorphic in Squeak.
In Cuis:
1. Allow the definition of "internal" Cuis packages. They are defined like external packages using PackageInfo. However, code in there is still maintained using ChangeSets, not pck.st files.
2. Allow the definition of Configurations. A configuration is a list of packages with a defined order which is used for loading and updating.
3. Define three Configurations, each corresponding to the parts defined below, by recategorizing extension methods to move them to the correct packages.
4. Export the CuisMorphic Configuration using Cuis-Cypress. Fix remaining bugs in Cuis-Cypress.
5. Fix world creation in Cuis.

In Squeak:
5. Load CuisMorphic into a separate Environment. Fix remaining bugs in Environments.
6. Add a CuisMorphicProject as a holder for Cuis Morphs.
7. Add compatibility methods to Squeak to make CuisMorphic work.

Optional:
8. Port MudPie to Cuis to help with 3.

Did I forget anything? How much analysis would be needed to estimate the effort of those tasks.

I think 2. would be very useful on its own for most external packages, certainly for STE.

Cheers,
Bernhard