[Cuis] https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-NamedColors

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Jan 26 17:39:40 CST 2013

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:19:39 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> I really like this stuff. I'd like to integrate it into Cuis. I think it
> would be best if:
> - Behavior is integrated in class Color, avoiding the need for a new class

Will do.

> - A few smaller dictionaries are included.
> - Bigger dictionaries (full XKCD, CSS3) are in an optional package

NamedColor traditionalColorNames size. "36"
NamedColor xkcdFirst48 size.           "48"
NamedColor css2NamedColors size.      "147"
NamedColor nbsisccNamedColors size.   "267"
NamedColor css3NamedColors size.      "515"
NamedColor xkcdNamedColors size.      "949"

I would suggest merging traditional + xkcdFirst48 as the default, and moving CSS2, as well as CSS3, NBS-ISSC, and XKCD into separate packages.  Perhaps the Useful Expressions window could show the code to load CSS3 and XKCD color names.

> - It is easy for people to define new dictionaries for use in their own
> packages.

Good idea.

> Would you consider adapting it this way?

Sure.  I'll put something together to try out.

Cheers,
-KenD