[Cuis] Features + Package dependency + new GitHub organization + new packages

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Fri Jul 19 11:34:48 CDT 2013

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:55:28 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've just done a first commit to
> https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Development .
> The old repo is now obsolete.

I just added the provides/requires text to my local copy of Morphic-Games-Solitaire.pck.st and everything came in smoooothh.  Cooooool !!

Note that previous images will break on trying to load this as they don't understand provide/require.

I would like to update the solitaire release in GitHub but the question arises what to do about the breakage for people who are/have picking/picked up the older images?

We can
  -- Add a note to all ReadMe's about requiring the image [4.1 1762]
  -- Clone projects with a different name [ugly!]
  -- Increment the version number of Pharo (4.2 ? 5.1 ?)
  -- ...

For the base image I was thinking that the "save number" would be the base revision (1762) and 4.1 might be version 41.

Any thoughts on this?

Juan, thanks for doing this.   It is sooooo coooool!!

-KenD
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com