[Cuis] Cuis 4.2 SUnit results on OS X (all packages loaded)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Jul 28 14:40:22 CDT 2013

Hi Bernhard,

On 7/27/2013 2:49 PM, Bernhard Pieber wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> You probably know this. However, I just loaded all packages and then ran the tests on my Mac with OS X 10.7.5. I used latest CogVM 2749 with the ClipboardExtendedPlugin. Here are the results:
>
> ==== SUnit ======== Start ====
> 	failed
> 	551 run, 2 failed, 5 errors
> ---- SUnit ----- Failures ----
> 	BitBltTest>>#testAlphaCompositing
> 	BitBltTest>>#testAlphaCompositing2

IIRC, these are rather subtle bugs in BitBlt (and therefore in all VMs)
that were reported in Squeak a long time ago...

> ---- SUnit ------- Errors ----
> 	ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStar16BitToAndFromImageClipboard
> 	ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStar8BitToAndFromImageClipboard
> 	ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStarToAndFromImageClipboard
> 	StyledTextEditorTest>>#testEmptyTrailingLine
> 	StyledTextEditorTest>>#testEmptyTrailingLineNumberedStyle

Yes, all these are my fault. The problem is method I removed that is not
much used, but that these test need to run. Will publish it soon. Thanks.

BTW, ClipboardExtendedPlugin is still Mac Specific. A Subset of the
functionality is supported in Windows via FFI, and none in Linux. This
is the ClipboardExtendedPlugin in Sophie and in standard Mac VMs, so
supporting this in Windows and Linux would be great for many people...