[Cuis] Cuis-Features

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Thu Jun 27 22:17:27 CDT 2013

I did a design-sketch/prototype of software Features (Provide/Require) for Cuis.

	https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Features

Just to see if anyone thinks such a thing might be useful.

Very lightly tested.  Try:

	(RequiresFeatureSpec name: #Sound) require.

This should load packages Compression, Graphics-Files-Additional, and Sound in that order.

Rather than making changes to the package structure I added a small dictionary with the provides/requires info and pretend to read it from the package.

A lot of details to fill in if it seems useful.

You can add your package dependencies to
	FeatureSpec class>>initializeTemporaryTestScaffold
and re-initialize the class to try out your own stuff.

Morphic-Games-Solitaire requires #'Graphics-Files-Additional'
So:
	(RequiresFeatureSpec name: #'Morphic-Games-Solitaire') require
autoloads Compression, Graphics-Files-Additional, and Solitaire.

Try it out.  If nothing else, you can require #Test.

Cheers,
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com