[Cuis] Unicode status update

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Thu Mar 21 11:21:25 CDT 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:50:56 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> BTW, please keep us updated wrt your work on Unicode.

I just did a push.  Right now things are in transition and there is a lot of breakage.

I have been porting unit tests and code from the Ropes implementation.  [10 of 56 unit tests fail].

I am currently working on the implementation of line and word breaks.  This is covered in two appendices in the Unicode standard weighing in at about 100 pages of description that combine character classes and scanning.  A bit more complex than one would like.

Apologies for "going dark". I am making progress. At this point you have discovered me with a wrench and screw driver in hand with the machine open and parts scattered all over the floor.

More later,
-KenD
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com