[Cuis] [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Installer-Core-fbs.366.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 11:19:38 CDT 2013

On 26 March 2013 16:16, Ken Dickey <Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 06:45:23 +0000
> Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I didn't expect all the tests to fail
>

> I frequently find that if _all_ tests fail, the setUp unit test (run before each test) has a problem.

Like I say, this is running Cuis-Ropes in Squeak. The tests almost all
fail because of the drift in String's and Character's API between the
forks; this thread is me (a) advertising a cool new feature for Squeak
that implies that Cuis-specific applications ought to be easily
consumable in Squeak and (b) asks about the specific nature of that
drift.

I know that the method names for linefeed characters differs, and I
know that Cuis has something like a #generallyAcceptableInSelector
method (which I have no idea what it looks like). I realise I can find
this stuff out for myself, but just wondered if there was a summary
document I could read, rather than reading Cuis's source.

frank