[Cuis] Taskbar Update for Event based Display Resize

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 07:21:14 CDT 2013

Hey Ken,

I just got back to my computer, and built the new wireless network out. I
haven't been able to find my laptop's power brick yet, though, so I'm still
in a nebulously useless place as a contributor. Gonna run out of juice in
like 15 minutes (or 5 if I have Squeak VM running; hopefully Eliot's work
with the object memory will make us less of a battery hog.)

I've downloaded your changeset and I'm reading it now.

Not in a good place to test the changes. I've been awake for too long, what
with moving and such, and my laptop's at 50%. Anyway so far this looks
good, and it does seem that Ken's found the right way to handle VM window
resizes if I'm reading this clearly.

One totally stylistic/aesthetic criticism, which is completely arguable and
such, so you can disagree about this: can we get rid of the trailing period
at the end of the methods? It wastes at least a byte every time. Exception:
I won't complain about trailing periods in initialization methods, which
are frequently amended with more imperative initialization stuff, so it's a
pain to have to type the period when getting started writing some new
initialization code for an existing initializer.

Outside of that one small (and arguable!) complaint (which could be a thing
I fix later,) I think Ken's code looks good, and is a great improvement
over what I wrote.

Juan, unless you have any objections, I'd recommend checking in Ken's
changeset. Then we test a lot by resizing the VM window a bunch while
maximizing and minimizing windows.

Thanks for putting your hands in this, Ken.

Casey