[Cuis] Taskbar possibility

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Nov 9 10:28:58 CST 2013

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 12:11:40 -0200
Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Playing a bit more with the Taskbar I saw that it show correctly in a high
> resolution of the screen (1440 x 900).
>
> But I'm an older man and need a bit more big fonts, when I put the
> resolution in, for example, 1280x800 or 1152x720, the watch get overlapped
> by the icons, as is shown in the attached images.
>
> I need to adjust something in the code?

The LayoutSpec's are set up in Taskbar>>initialize .  The dashBoard contains the clock.  The clock's layoutSpec' #fixedWidth and #fixedHeight iVars need to be set for the new extent when the clock size changes.

Please forgive the direct numbers.  The code needs to be parameterized (eg to add Taskbar>>defaultHeght) simplified a bit, and cleaned up.

I wanted feedback on the prototype before spending more time in case people did not like it.

This is community code.  Would you prefer to do the cleanup?  Casey?

If not, I'll go ahead and start cleaning up!
-KenD