[Cuis] I want to write a web framework. Which server should I use?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 15:27:35 CDT 2013

I wrote a really long email detailing why I think forking Seaside is a
fool's errand, but I'm going to eschew that. If folks want to fork it,
okay. If folks want to try to build a compat layer (huge amount of work,
both in terms of code and in terms of liaising to the Seaside community)
I'd give you my "doing it right" thumbs up, and bow to your bravery, also
muttering something vague in clipped tlhIngan. That's all I'm gonna say
though. I don't need to write a huge email to justify why I'm saying those
two things, I don't think.

While you're all doing *that* though, I'd like to start actually serving
some web. I have an idea about how I'd like to do it, too, and it meshes
well with the design goals behind Cuis.

I've always envisioned Cuis being the best Smalltalk thing to run on the
web frontend, because it's simple, clean, and fast.

I know there's been some effort around here to get various web servers
working. Can anyone here recommend which is the most reliable/usable,
currently? Because I've had this web framework in my head for a year or
three, and maybe now's the right time to implement it (if I'd done it when
I thought of it, and didn't port it to other dialects, Juan would have been
like "that's pretty cool." And then the conversation would likely have
ended. Now I've got people wanting to talk web frameworks!)

TIA,

Casey