[Cuis] About JSON

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Sep 10 09:15:55 CDT 2013

Hi Germán,

On 9/7/2013 9:56 AM, Germán Arduino wrote:
> Hi Juan:
>
> I saw that you added JSON to the folder "Packages" in Cuis GitHub repo.
>
> Now, checking your tweak I've the opportunity of learn new things, thanks!
>
> My question is, in this case, I should delete my own repo of JSON and
> we should maintain the package in your repo? What is the recommended
> way to work in cases as this one?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Saludos / Regards,
> Germán Arduino
> www.arduinosoftware.com <http://www.arduinosoftware.com>

I think that generally the packages at the Cuis-Smalltalk repos should
be the "official" or "recommended" ones. It makes sense to keep a
personal branch for stuff that is in development. For example, Bernhard
keeps his branch of StyledTextEditor, that might be ahead the one at
Cuis-Smalltalk. But if the package development is considered finished
(and I guess this is the case for JSON), then I don't see the point of
keeping other branches.

In any case, it is your call.

I might be missing something, so please, folks, comment.