[Cuis] [squeak-dev] fonts, characterscanners and dead primitive 103

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Sep 10 10:34:55 CDT 2013

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:10:05 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Thanks Ken for doing this.
>
> I really need to find some time to play with and understand this. Same
> for Ropes. Both are great projects.

No worries.

I should look at why the VM does not support both indexed and named iVars -- SmalltalkAgents did.

The Ropes code would be much smaller if one could subclass String and override #at: and #at:put: .

Lack of time IS the problem.

Thanks for taking the time !!!

On another front, I have been looking at the Morphic Designer code.  Took a quick look at the Signals implementation.  Wow! What a HUGE amount of code/mechanism.  Clearly ported from C++.   8^(

Anyway, back to experiments.  Thinking of GUI building is getting me to read more of the system code -- good for my education!

Cheers,
-KenD
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com