[Cuis] OSProcess status

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Jan 15 08:47:26 CST 2014

Apologies for the delay. Really.

(inline)

On 1/5/2014 12:52 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> I am having trouble finding a solution to to this works on other dialects.
> The approach of using SystemVersion class>>isCuis does not provide an easy
> solution because most dialects do not have that method.
>
> Could you please tell me the results of running these two expressions
> on a Mac in Cuis, and also let me know which VM (Cog or interpreter) you
> used:
>
>    SystemVersion platformName
>    SystemVersion osVersion

Smalltalk platformName 'Mac OS'
Smalltalk osVersion '1091'
(Those messages are not in SystemVersion in Cuis. I can move them, or
duplicate them, if you need)
VM used is 'Squeak Cog 4.0.2776 http://www.mirandabanda.org'

> I think that the underlying problem is that my OSProcess class>>platformName
> ends up calling SystemVersion class>>osVersion when it should be calling
> SystemVersion class>>platformName.
>
> I believe that this is code that I put into OSProcess was for support of
> one of the Pharo versions that had a broken platformName.
>
> Thanks!
> Dave

Please let me know of any change you need in Cuis, or any other thing I
can do to help.