[Cuis] Hi list - new Cuis explorer here!

Davide Della Casa davidedc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 10:35:44 CDT 2014

Hi list,

as I was mentioning to Juan just now in private email, I knew of Cuis since a couple of years back, but recently I’ve seen a diagram ( http://squeakingalong.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/squeaketroyspharocuis.png ) that got my interest again.

Basically I’m working on Zombie Kernel ( https://github.com/davidedc/Zombie-Kernel ), a wannabe alternative to Lively Kernel. It’s built starting from Morphic.js ( https://github.com/jmoenig/morphic.js ) although the paths might be diverging.

So I’m adding Layouts, I’d say they are half-working now, and Cuis is a saver because it sheds a ton of cruft from other alternatives, and it actually works stably. It’s easy to navigate the code and to port it, so I’m picking up many of the naming conventions and patterns as well, they seem to be “more founded” than the ones in Morphic.js. Zombie Kernel is done in CoffeeScript and I’m surprised about how quick I can port/adapt code from Cuis. The two languages are different, but in practice the two translate very well…

I’ll follow the project and probably post some basic questions - you’ll have to be patient there ;-)

Cheers,
Davide