[Cuis] (FileDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '') is moby confused

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Jun 2 08:21:26 CDT 2014

Hi Ken,

On 02/06/2014 12:17 a.m., Ken Dickey wrote:
> (FileDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '') explore.
>
> This gives a collection of directory entries in my home directory, that is the names are of files in my home directory.
>
> BUT the interior pathname in each directory entry is to the Cuis startup directory!
>
> Directory Choices for directoryContentsFor: ''
>
>    [0] The comment in #FileDirectory>>primLookupEntryIn:index:
> 	says contents of '/' on Unix/Linux
>
>    [1] My home directory
>
>    [2] The Cuis startup/image directory
>
> I actually prefer [2].
>
> Halp!
> -KenD

The difference between platforms lies in the primitive... Maybe we'd
just correct the comment, and include a warning discouraging calling
eDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '' , maybe even raising an
exception, and suggest calling FileDirectory default
directoryContentsFor: './' or FileDirectory default
directoryContentsFor: '/' .

What do you all think, folks?