[Cuis] (FileDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '') is moby confused

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Jun 2 08:45:59 CDT 2014

On 02/06/2014 10:35 a.m., Ken Dickey wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:21:26 -0300
> Juan Vuletich<juan at jvuletich.org>  wrote:
>

>> The difference between platforms lies in the primitive... Maybe we'd
>> just correct the comment, and include a warning discouraging calling
>> eDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '' , maybe even raising an
>> exception, and suggest calling FileDirectory default
>> directoryContentsFor: './' or FileDirectory default
>> directoryContentsFor: '/' .
>>
>> What do you all think, folks?
> My personal preference is for '.' on Unix/Linix/
>
> BTW
>    (FileDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '/')
> also gives me DirEntries with root file names but the Cuis image directory.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that! In Windows, FileDirectory default
directoryContentsFor: '' also gives root entries (disk volume names),
but in the Cuis image directory. Really messy.

Makes me wonder... Maybe it is time to move on to FileSystem, as Pharo
did? Anyone took a close look at it, or have an opinion or thoughts?