[Cuis] web backend support

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:20:10 CDT 2014

Hi Alex:

Most of these packages are work in progress and, unfortunately, I do not
had much free time to spend on they in the last months.

An approximate status of each one in Cuis 4.2:

WebClient: The server part is not working well, seems that is not trivial
to found the differences to make it work smoothly in Cuis. The client part
works ok.

Swazoo: I was just doing some adaptations some weeks ago for make it work
with latest version of Cuis, but I've not published it because a problem
with more (new) differences that I need to figure out how to solve.

Kom: I have not touched it in years and was a first try port, I mean that
was not completely working in such time and, of course, I not tried with
latest Cuis versions.

Zinc: Was also a first try, but at this moment  I think that such port is
not possible (not to me alone, at least). As several other Pharo packages
is strongly tied to Pharo architecture and is very difficult to port. And,
after ported, is hard to maintain updated with the modifications that
suffer an actively maintained framework as Zinc. It would require a time
and dedication that I can't do at this moment.

HTH.

Cheers.

--
Saludos / Regards,