[Cuis] Layout/LayoutSpec Editors [WAS: Newbie question]

Ken.Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Apr 1 17:03:44 CDT 2015

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 16:40:45 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Dan Norton <dnorton at mindspring.com> wrote:

> What's needed is a way to correlate the morphs on Display with the code in the examples.

>From a previous post:

To understand Layouts and LayoutSpecs, I did simple editors for them.  They are located in the Morphic-Misc1 package at:
  https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphic-Misc1

>From the readme:
"
After loading this package, one can select a morph, open its menu from the halo, and edit its LayoutSpec.

If the morph is a LayoutMorph, one can also open an editor for the LayoutMorph from the halo menu.
"

You option-click on a Morph to select it.

Hold down your option key and "click" on a morph.  The "control halo" appears and a label for the morph is at the bottom.

Continuing to hold down the option key and clicking multiple times selects inner morphs.

The small, round "control handles" of the halo have "hover help".  Just hold the cursor over each small button to see what they do.

One of these has title 'Menu'.  If you click on that, you get a menu of options for the halo-ed morph.

If you have cloned the Morphic-Misc1 package from GitHub (you can read about this in the World Menu's Help selections), you should be able from this menu to select edit Layout and edit LayoutSpec as appropriate.

Between reading the code and playing with the layout options, you should be able to let us know how to better help you get oriented.

--
-KenD