[Cuis] Morph Color

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Apr 14 07:02:27 CDT 2015

Hi Dan,

On 4/10/2015 2:39 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> In Morph>>color we see:
> 	^ Color blue
>
> Should morphs always be blue?
>
> We could define #morphColor as a property and have access methods in Morph to manage it
> so that optionally, a morph could have any color. Any comment?

Well, Morph is the root of the hierarchy of all graphical objects. But
most objects don't have a single well defined color, but might be
painted with many of them. So making them answer some color is
misleading. In Cuis, RectangleLikeMorph does have an instance var
'color'. Morph not in the RectangleLikeMorph need to decide for
themselves if they care about choosing one specific color to answer, and
implement accordingly.