[Cuis] Suppress Credit

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Apr 14 07:06:57 CDT 2015

Hi Dan,

On 4/13/2015 4:41 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> When a method is changed, the Browser records certain statistics such as author initials and
> date. Usually, this is appropriate.
>
> However, when porting code, the only change to many methods is to convert crlf to nl.
> Changing author initials and date for something this insignificant is not appropriate and
> destroys important historical data. Where is the method(s) implementing this behavior? I
> would like to avoid this change or be able to revert it in specific cases.
>
>   - Dan

What I usually do is to open a File List in Cuis, point to the file,
select it (do 'get entire file' if it is too big). Then, on the bottom
pane, alt-a, alt-shift-u, alt-s. Sometimes I also remove some extra
blank space or reformat a bit, etc.

Only then, file in the code.

Sometimes, I want to clarify a bit a method comment or such, but do not
want to modify the stamp. Then, I file out the method, edit it in the
File List, and then file in again.