[Cuis] Fixed-Width Font

Dan Norton dnorton at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 4 14:42:39 CDT 2015

On 4 Aug 2015 at 16:09, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> On 8/4/2015 3:35 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
> > On 3 Aug 2015 at 22:52, Dan Norton wrote:
> >> If a font name is not in the system, the image crashes. Only a
> >> reboot recovers.
> >>
> >> It is not possible to create a new file in the AAFonts directory.
> It
> >> is possible in the current
> >> directory however.
> >>
> >> I'm going to restore my system to before Visual Studio et al.
> There
> >> is too much wierdness.
> >>
> > Hi Juan,
> >
> > After the restore and after extracting again the two zip files
> from your dropbox there remain
> > fundamental problems. In FreeTypeFont>>export the following
> statement results in nothing
> > written to AAFonts directory:
> >
> > n := 'AAFonts', FileDirectory slash, face familyName, '-', emph
> asString , '-', pointSize
> > printString.
> >
> > If changed to spell out the complete path as follows, some of the
> .bmp and .txt files are
> > written to AAFonts before other problems arise:
> >
> > n :=  '\cuis\pharo\Squeak4.10.2-2612\AAFonts\', face familyName,
> '-', emph asString , '-',
> > pointSize printString.
> >
> >   - Dan
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> I tried again. On a Windows 7 system, I stored the contents of both
> zips
> in a folder, started the image and exported 'Calibri' without any
> problems.

On my Windows 7 I tried to export 'Calibri' and got MNU: receiver of "nextPutAll:" is nil.
This is the same problem which led to my work-around above. Don't waste any more time on
this. It may be something clobbered a .dll and has nothing to do with Squeak. I will continue
to work on it because I need a fixed-width font. Not having it has me stalled on a project.