[Cuis] Updates: Smart underscores & BouncingAtomsMorph performance

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 13:44:22 CDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-08-16 at 12:08 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Yesterday and today I pushed new stuff to github. See the attach. Cuis
> can now display both underscores and left arrows in the same method!
>
> I also could not help it and worked on BouncingAtomsMorph performance.
> It should be close to Squeak now.

It's definitely improved BouncingAtomsMorph (I'm seeing at least 13-17
FPS now.. I say 'at least' because from time to time it jumps up to the
low 20's).  But more importantly (to me, at least) at first glance it
looks like these changes provide an across the board performance boost
to my other Morphic code. (most of my stuff doesn't have FPS counters
but in looking at Morphic CPU utilization in ProcessBrowser, it's almost
always 5-10% lower now)