[Cuis] 'Internals' questions

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 11:13:12 CST 2015

Found the answer (sort of, still working out why things aren't working
as expected on startup/shutdown):  The Smalltalk object handles both
issues.

On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 04:59 -0500, Phil (list) wrote:
> I need to do a couple of things that are mucking around a bit at Cuis/VM
> internals and could use some help getting started:
>
> 1) How can I have one block called just after the image starts up (i.e.
> all other image state has been restored (esp. FFI) and things are about
> to be handed off to the user) and another just before the image saves
> and/or shuts down.

Smalltalk addToStartUpList: and Smalltalk addToShutDownList:

> 2) What's the best way to get the pathname for the currently running
> image?

Smalltalk imagePath

> Thanks,
> Phil

Now if I could only stop forgetting that the Smalltalk object exists...