[Cuis] 'Internals' questions

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 20:31:06 CST 2015

On Mon, 2015-01-26 at 17:05 -0800, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> > On Jan 26, 2015, at 9:13 AM, "Phil (list)" <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Now if I could only stop forgetting that the Smalltalk object exists...
>
> There are no objects, really. As a matter of fact, it's all just technical theatre:D

lol.. you mean it's not turtles all the way down?

> Whatcha doin' with FFI?

Prototyping a database app idea I have.  I was starting down the path to
yet another silly web app in a language I won't mention.  Then realized
'hey, I could probably do a big chunk of this in Smalltalk in a fraction
of the time'... if only I could automate the database sync at
startup/shutdown.

Probably going to start with SQLite and if everything goes well move
over to a multi-user DB down the line.