[Cuis] Where to put the complexity?

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Jul 1 19:37:40 CDT 2015

On 7/1/2015 5:10 PM, Peter van Rooijen wrote:

> I don't remember most of my rules although I probably still follow them
> intuitively. Perhaps a class added more complexity than a method, but not
> more than two methods, I don't really know.
>
> I wonder what others do to decide how to factor code.
>
> Cheers, Peter

To me Smalltalk code is an expression of human knowledge. I refactor
code when I understand better, to express that new understanding.

Writing code is like writing course material, or a technical book on
some subject. Good code is like a good book. You read it and understand.
That's the gold standard.