[Cuis] Fixed-Width Font

Ken.Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Fri Jul 10 03:51:44 CDT 2015

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 15:05:50 -0400
"Dan Norton" <dnorton at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Yes, the only font now is DejaVu and it's a bitmap font. I found some fixed bitmap fonts
> among the true types at:
>
> http://www.lowing.org/fonts/
>
> Adding a sublcass to AbstractFont to load one of these might be doable near-term until
> Morphic 3 comes along. Porting TrueType from Squeak has a lot of drag.

My Cuis-Smalltalk-Unicode package subclasses AbstractFont and provides fixed width characters.

See class #UniForms

Unicode is kinda big, memory wise.  I suspect one should be able to take the ASCII subset of the Unicode glyphs and make a strike font -- or just do what I did for Unicode, but just use the ASCII subset.

FYI,
-KenD