[Cuis] Default Morph position something other than 0 @ 0?

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:23:37 CDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-07-12 at 15:21 -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 7/12/15, 2:16 PM, "Phil (list)" <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I find that's not always an option in the early stages of working on a
> > Morph as there are often initialization dependencies that I haven't
> > worked out at that stage causing openInHand not to work.  Once I have
> > everything working, then I go back and figure out what needs to happen
> > to get it running with openInHand...
>
> Ok.
> Could share yours code not working with openInHand ?

I think a recent example was the Dan's BouncingAtomsMorph which could
not be invoked from the New Morph... menu until I submitted a fix.  It
was an easy fix and I run into this problem quite often in the early
stages of Morph development.  openInHand calls doOneCycleNow (or maybe
it's doOneCycle... I forget which) which results in the Morph needing to
draw earlier than with openInWorld.  This is a problem if the Morph
isn't fully initialized and ready to be drawn yet.  It's not a big deal,
just part of how I develop Morphs and why I use openInWorld until I get
things sorted out.  Also, when I'm developing a Morph I'm usually
invoking it from a workspace or code browser and don't want to be
dealing with it interactively yet since it usually isn't fully
functional anyway.